Saturday 28 August 2010

London... My Visit in August 1st-6th 2010

The main purpose of my London visit was to visit family, but I also wanted to take advantage of the time in the city, shopping and galleries. Originally the plan was to go on Sunday (in the car with my Auntie Rachel and my cousins who had been visiting in Scunthorpe) and return on Tuesday... However, I was enjoying myself that much I had to keep extending my trip everyday, and I finally returned home on Friday, all spent up...

I have visited London every year for over 10 years and still I find new places to explore, and sometimes head back to places I have been to before and really enjoyed. Family attractions I have visited and thoroughly enjoyed over the years are:
- Madame Tussauds (visited twice)
- London Planetarium
- London Eye
- Natural History Museum (twice)
- Science Museum (twice)
- National Gallery (three times)
- London Dungeon
- London Planetarium
- London Zoo
- London Transport Museum

Art Galleries/Museums I have visited over the years:
- V&A (three times)
- National Portrait Gallery (three times)
- Tate Britain (twice)
- Tate Modern
- Taschen Exhibition Space - Duke of York Square
- The Saatchi Gallery
- The Design Museum

And then obviously there are the shops... which I will not list as the list could go on forever.

I do also enjoy walking around London and just taking in the sights and surroundings, especially when I have a camera with me to document this. The following photos are from this August trip...



Looking down the Thames landscape.



Looking across the Thames portrait.



Shopping/ Places to eat along the Thames bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment